Welcome To My Thoughts!!!!

Hey everyone welcome to On The Chaise Lounge. This is my blog where I will be writing my thoughts on everyday life as I see it. They say the best therapy is writing down your thoughts and getting them out in the world so that is what I am going to do here, and its much cheaper than paying someone to hear my thoughts when I have tons of friends that can chime in and let me know what they think. This is going to be free flowing no real theme, just real random stuff from relationships, to sports, tv shows, the topics are endless. I want to welcome you again and hopefully through you, my followers, so I can get some understanding about the world and hopefully solve my issues.

Friday, September 10, 2010

The Title

   Last night I was playing Madden because the football game  had lost its excitement,  but I had my ipod playing and Ciara's song The Title started playing.
   First I want to say that is a hit if nobody has ever heard it, so go to youtube to hear, secondly its such a true statement about women.  Women are all about titles, they need to be able to say thats my man, my fiance', my husband and of course my baby's daddy.  I believe it goes to a woman's need to feel safe and sure. They need to feel a level of comfort to allow themselves to fully open up and let their emotions out.  When women know where they stand they will give men the world, and that is why they push for titles so their natural instinct of giving can be released.  Plus women don't want to look silly to their friends,  they can't handle being the girl that is just fucking a dude when all their girls can say he is my man, and they love the feeling of knowing that a man is theirs.  

   As for men I think I speak and think like 80% of the species when I say stuff so ladies are you listen I will give you a second to focus...................Ready.  MEN ARE AFRAID OF TITLES!!!  When a title is placed on a man it's like hearing the slam of a prison door when somebody is locked up.  Basically, that is what is happening all the possible women he dreamed of and probably would never get is cut off to us.  Halle Berry, Tarji P., and even the cute big booty receptionist at work, all those dreams are crushed.  For men that is a scary thing.  Men tend to think there is something better out there, we sometimes think ok she is good but if I can get her just think about what else I can get.  I really believe that if men our allowed to just date a woman without ever having to commit to a title men would do that forever. 

   I know there are going to be some people that don't agree with my view point and I comfortable with that but this is how I feel.  I can honestly say that I am afraid of titles and it has nothing to do with finding another woman.  I am an attractive man so women are a dime a dozen, my fear comes from not being that security blanket that a woman needs.  When things get serious between me and a woman I honestly freeze up because I look at the big picture.  I ask myself this question: which is can I be the man this woman needs completely?   Most times it's no so I tend to run away, I just don't want to be sub par boyfriend or husband.  Men that are half ass in relationship are losers to me.  If you can't meet your lady half way in every aspect of a relationship then you need to not be in that relationship.  I want to be able to help my woman be the best person she can be, obtaining everything her heart desires and I want her to do the same for me.  Ladies I hope I have given you a little bit of understanding when it comes to men on this issue.  So when you are thinking to yourself he needs to lock me down just know he is just afraid most times and be gentle with him on this subject.  As for me I am beginning to get over my fear and  I think by expressing it in this blog it will hopefully make it easier for me to just take that leap into the deep end of the love pool.

-----Miles 

6 comments:

  1. hahaha....What is wrong with you slim. I have more to say just don't have the time right now....(I'll be back)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just dropping a little bit of my knowledge I think I have slim...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with your friend Cornell. I feel I have more to say about this...but, nevertheless...this is very interesting. Very, very interesting. However, I will not subject your friends to my ranting...

    Oh, and P.S. The term "baby's daddy" is a degrading title in my opinion and I cannot figure out why people use that or "baby mama." Embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you. If you have to pressure him, time to walk away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so interesting that men always claim they are afraid of titles....at a certain point in your life, men need to grow up and get serious...always being afraid is such a bullshyt way to live....and that is why mean constantly miss out on the woman who could've been the one and end up with some half ass broad in a jacked up relationship...because they couldn't let go of the fear at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMEN to Robin B's comment! ain't that the truth!!

    ReplyDelete