Welcome To My Thoughts!!!!

Hey everyone welcome to On The Chaise Lounge. This is my blog where I will be writing my thoughts on everyday life as I see it. They say the best therapy is writing down your thoughts and getting them out in the world so that is what I am going to do here, and its much cheaper than paying someone to hear my thoughts when I have tons of friends that can chime in and let me know what they think. This is going to be free flowing no real theme, just real random stuff from relationships, to sports, tv shows, the topics are endless. I want to welcome you again and hopefully through you, my followers, so I can get some understanding about the world and hopefully solve my issues.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

One LIFE

"I'm gonna ride this Muthafucka till the wheels fall off"- Martin Lawrence


     Run Tell Dat was a funny stand up by Martin Lawrence, he was talking about how he was on that OooooooWeeee bugging out in LA, fell out from the heat, went into a coma and almost died. Not only was it a funny movie but it also had a message that you have to live life to the fullest because at any moment you can be laughing and joking with friends then the next moment those same friends will be walking by your casket saying their last respects to you.

     Just like the soap opera One Life To Live...this is all we have in this world so why not live it to the fullest. My college roommate always said "Why Not" when there was something to be done and that is what I feel about life. If there is something you have always wanted to do...WHY NOT do it? Why not climb that mountain, take that trip, jump from that plane, or take that leap of faith you have been thinking about. I think we as people allow outside influences to shape our lives. The people that place doubt in your head, make you think of the negatives in what you want to do, make you think you can't do it or that you shouldn't do it. We don't do stuff we want to do because they think its not smart or a good idea. Hell sometimes they might be right but what about when they are wrong just think of the joy you will have knowing your plan worked, and why not enjoy the failure it was something you wanted to do and you did it. So I say in honor of my wrestling roots I will say to the doubter that make it hard for people to live their life, in the words of DX "I GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA.....SUCK IT!!!.

     Think about if the Lord walked up to you today and said "My child today is your last day"...how much regret would you have? Think of all the gifts he has given you and you wasted, or stuff you wanted to do but didn't for whatever reason. How much stuff would you try to cram in your one day because you had spent all your days afraid to do what your heart told you to do. We as people spend so much time worrying about stuff that is not important and in the big picture is such a small part of your life. From this moment on I am going to be like Martin and ride this muthafucka called life until the wheels fall off. Doing what I want to do when I want to do it. My advice to everyone is to do the same, oil your wheels up for the journey ahead...Live and Love Life

---Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment